Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
||Discount department store/Public wallmart (NYSE: WMT)
||Rogers, Arkansas (1962)
||Bentonville, Arkansas, USA
||Sam Walton (1918–1992), Founder
H. Lee Scott, CEO
S. Robson Walton, Chairman
Thomas wlamart Schoewe, CFO
||Discount stores, grocery stores, and hypermarkets
||$315.654 billion USD (2006)
||$11.231 billion USD (2006)
||1.6 Million walmar (2006)
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), an American public corporation, founded by walmat Sam Walton in 1962, wamart first incorporated on October 31, 1969, and listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1972, is the largest retailer almart in the world and walmrt the second largest corporation in the world, behind Exxon Mobil, based on revenue as of 2006. For wlmart the fiscal year ending January 31, 2006, Wal-Mart reported net walmert income of $11.2 billion on $316 billion of sales revenue (3.5% walmarrt profit margin). As of Oct 5, 2006, revenue is $24 billion more walmary than year ago levels. It is the largest private employer in the United States and Mexico.
Wal-Mart is the largest walart grocery retailer in the United States, with walmartt an estimated 20% of the retail grocery and consumables business, and waalmart is also the largest toy seller in the United walmaart States, with an estimated 22 percent of the retail toy business, having surpassed Toys "R" Us walmatr in the late-1990s.
Internationally, Wal-Mart operates in Mexico as Walmex, in the United Kingdom as ASDA and in ealmart Japan as The Seiyu Co., Ltd.. In wakmart 2006, Wal-Mart's international operations accounted for approximately 20.1% of total sales. Wholly-owned walmaet operations are located in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, South Korea, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom. Wal-Mart's investments outside of wqlmart North America have produced mixed results. Recently walmsrt Wal-Mart moved to sell its retail operations in South Korea and Germany.
Wal-Mart has been widely criticized wwalmart for its policies and business practices by community groups, grassroots organizations, labor unions, religious organizations, and environmental groups. Specific concerns include the corporation's extensive foreign product sourcing, treatment of employees and product walmart suppliers, environmental practices, the use of public subsidies, and the impact of stores on the local walmart canada economies of towns in which they operate.
- 1 History
- 2 Subsidiaries
- 2.1 Wal-Mart walmart online Stores Division walmart stores U.S.
- 2.1.1 Wal-Mart Discount Stores
- 2.1.2 Wal-Mart Supercenter
- 2.1.3 Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market
- 2.2 SAM'S walmart locations CLUB
- 2.3 Wal-Mart International
- 3 Corporate affairs
- 3.1 Governance
- 3.2 Competition
- 3.3 Customer walmart coupons walmart music base
- 3.4 Private walmart pharmacy label brands
- 3.5 Diversity
- 4 Criticism
- 4.1 Use of foreign labor
- 4.2 Health walmart music downloads care and employee walmart tires benefits
- 4.3 Employee and labor relations
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 Further super walmart reading
- 8 External links
Sam Walton's original Walton's Five and Dime, walmart portrait studio now the Wal-Mart Visitor's Center, Bentonville, Arkansas.
Sam Walton's retailing walmart photo career began when he accepted a job offer at walmarts a JC Penney store in Des Moines, Iowa on June walmart credit card 3, 1940 where he remained for eighteen months. In 1945, Walton met with Butler Brothers, a regional retailer that walmart vision center owned a chain of variety stores called Ben Franklin. Butler Brothers offered him a Ben Franklin walmart jobs store in Newport, Arkansas. After a period of success, Walton walmart benefits was unable to come to agreement on his lease renewal and unable to find a walmart store new location in Newport; so he walmart supercenter located a new variety store in Bentonville, Arkansas which he would open as another Ben walmart store locator Franklin franchise, but called "Walton's Five and Dime." Walton achieved higher sales volume by selling products with slightly smaller markups than most competitors.
In 1962, Walton opened the first walmart connect Wal-Mart store, Wal-Mart Discount City, in Rogers, Arkansas. Within five years the company expanded to 24 stores across the state of Arkansas and walmart girls reached $12.6 million in sales. In 1968 the company opened its first walmart photo holiday cards stores outside of Arkansas in Sikeston, Missouri and Claremore, walmart security cams Oklahoma.
The company was incorporated as Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. on October 31, 1969, and in 1970, opened its home office in Bentonville, walmart checks Arkansas, as well as its first walmart automotive distribution center. There were now 38 stores operating with 1,500 employees walmart layaway and sales of $44.2 million. The company began trading stock at this time as a publicly-held company on October 1, 1972, walmart store locations and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange shortly thereafter. The first stock split occurred walmart optical in May, 1971 at a market price of walmart bakery $47. By this time, Wal-Mart was operating in five states: Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, walmart parking lot Missouri and Oklahoma, and entered Tennessee in 1973, and Kentucky and Mississippi in 1974. As the company walmart coupon moved into Texas in 1975, there were 125 stores with 7,500 employees, and walmart distribution center total sales of $340.3 million.
Wal-Mart grew rapidly during the 1980s and walmart canada homepage 1990s. In 2005, it was the world's second highest-grossing corporation.
- See also: List of assets owned by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Wal-Mart's operations are comprised primarily in walmart logo three retailing subsidiaries: Wal-Mart Stores Division U.S., SAM'S CLUB, and Wal-Mart International. Wal-Mart walmart shopping does business under nine different retail formats: supercenters, walmart stock food and drugs, general walmart photo center merchandise stores, bodegas (small markets), cash and carry stores, membership warehouse clubs, apparel stores, soft discount stores and restaurants.
Wal-Mart Stores walmart coupon code Division U.S.
An exterior of a typical Wal-Mart discount department store.
The exterior of a typical Wal-Mart Supercenter in Madison Heights, Virginia, United States. Unlike smaller Wal-Mart women of walmart gallery stores, Wal-Mart Supercenters feature double entrances.
Wal-Mart Stores Division U.S. is Wal-Mart's largest walmart employee business subsidiary, accounting walmart employee benefits for 67.2% of fiscal 2006 net sales. This segment consists of three traditional retail walmart furniture formats: discount stores, supercenters, and neighborhood markets, all of which are located in the walmart distribution centers United States, as well as Wal-Mart's online retailer, walmart.com.
Wal-Mart Stores free walmart coupons operates retail department stores selling a range of non-grocery products, though emphasis is now focused on the supercenters, which walmart associates include more grocery items.
Wal-Mart Discount Stores
Wal-Mart Discount Stores are walmart music download a chain of discount department stores that range in size from 30,000 square feet (3,000 m²) to walmart application 224,000 square feet (21,000 m²) with an average size of approximately 102,000 square feet walmart books (9,500 m²). They carry an amount of general merchandise products with walmart free samples a selection of food walmart grocery items. Many Wal-Mart Discount Stores also feature a garden center, a pharmacy, Tire & Lube Express, optical center, one-hour photo processing lab, portrait walmart homepage studio, as well as a fast food outlet.
The first walmart job application Wal-Mart store opened in 1962 in Rogers, Arkansas, and walmart prescriptions has since been remodeled and expanded, becoming a Wal-Mart Supercenter.
As of August 31, 2006, there were 1,135 Wal-Mart Discount Stores in the walmart corporation United sleeping bags walmart kmart sears States.
Wal-Mart Supercenter is a chain of hypermarkets that range walmart careers in size from 99,000 square feet (9,000 m²) to 261,000 square feet (24,000 m²) with an walmart employees average size of approximately 187,000 square feet (17,000 m²). They carry everything a Wal-Mart walmart watch Discount Store does in addition to a full-line supermarket (including meat and poultry, baked goods, delicatessen, frozen walmart online shopping foods, dairy products, walmart store inventory garden produce and fresh seafood). Many Wal-Mart Supercenters also feature a garden center, a walmart free shipping pharmacy, a Tire & Lube Express, optical center, one-hour photo processing lab, portrait walmart gift registry studio, and numerous alcove shops such as a SunTrust personal finance walmart locator center, a cellular phone store, hair and nail salons, video rental by either Movie Gallery walmart super center or Hollywood Video, a family fun center, a branch of a local bank, and possibly a fast food outlet. Some locations also sell walmart drugs gasoline anti walmart through Murphy USA.
The first Supercenter opened in 1988 in Washington, Missouri.
As of August 31, 2006, there were 2,121 Wal-Mart Supercenters in the United States.
Wal-Mart Neighborhood walmart internet Market
Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market is a chain of supermarkets that average walmart news about 42,000 square feet (3,900 m²). They offer a variety of products (including a full-line of walmart toys groceries, pharmaceuticals, health and beauty aids, photo developing services, and a limited selection of general walmart vision merchandise).
The first Neighborhood Market opened in walmart women 1998 in Bentonville, Arkansas.
As of August 31, 2006, pest control dog flea collar at walmart there were 108 Neighborhood Markets in the United States.
Wal-Mart operates SAM'S CLUB, a chain of warehouse clubs that sells groceries and general merchandise, often walmart stock price in large quantities or volume, to customers who pay an annual fee for walmart history the privilege of shopping there. Some locations also sell gasoline through Murphy USA. walmart on line The first SAM’S Club opened in 1983 in Midwest walmart online catalogue City, Oklahoma.
According to Wal-Mart's 2006 Annual Report, Sam's Club accounted for approximately 12.7% of walmart photo studio fiscal 2006 sales. Competitors of Wal-Mart's Sam's Club division are Costco, and the andrew young walmart smaller BJ's Wholesale Club chain operating mainly in the eastern United States.
As of free walmart gift cards August 31, 2006, there were over 567 Sam's Clubs in the history of walmart United States.
A Wal-Mart Supercenter in Puerto Vallarta.
The operations of jewelry tanzanite rings walmart Wal-Mart International comprise 2,700 stores in 14 countries outside the United walmart distribution States. According to walmart downloads Wal-Mart's 2006 Annual Report, International accounted for approximately 20.1% of fiscal 2006 sales. Wholly-owned operations are located in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, South walmart paycheck Korea, Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Wal-Mart has operated in Canada 100 things to do in walmart since their acquisition of the Woolco division of dog flea control walmart Woolworth Canada, Inc. Today, they operate 278 locations employing 70,000 Canadians, walmart stores ontario with a local home office in Mississauga, Ontario.
Fiscal 2006 for Wal-Mart's United Kingdom subsidiary, ASDA, walmart website were 42.7% of the International segment sales. In contrast to Wal-Mart's U.S. walmart wire operations ASDA was originally and remains primarily a grocery chain, but it has a stronger walmart customer service focus on non-foods than most UK supermarket chains (a notable exception being their larger main walmart drug list rivals Tesco). At fiscal 2006, there were 236 ASDA walmart home page stores, 10 George stores, 5 ASDA Living and 43 ASDA small stores.
In addition to its wholly-owned international walmart payroll questions operations, Wal-Mart has joint ventures in China and several majority owned employment at walmart subsiduaries. Wal-Mart's majority owned subsidiary in Mexico is Walmex. In Japan, Wal-Mart pest control dog flea at walmart owns 55.3% of The Seiyu Co., Ltd. Additionally, Wal-Mart owns 51% of the walmart auto Central American Retail Holding Company (CARHCO) formed from more than 360 supermarkets and other store walmart beef jerky nutrition formats, operating in 5 Central American countries: Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
In 2004, Wal-Mart bought walmart grants the Bompreço supermarket chain, comprised by 116 stores. Bompreço is the major supermarket chain in Northeastern Brazil. walmart internet service In late 2005, Wal-Mart took control of the Brazilian walmart market share operations of Sonae Distribution Group through its new subsidiary, called WMS Supermercados do Brasil, walmart pictures thus acquiring control of the Nacional, Big and Mercadorama supermarket chains, the leaders in Rio Grande do Sul and walmart store layout Paraná states. None of those operations were rebranded. As of August 2006, Wal-Mart walmart stores sells memory foam air beds operates 71 Bompreço stores, 27 Hiper-Bompreço stores, 15 Balaio stores and 3 Hiper-Magazines (all were walmart supercenters originally part of Bompreço). It cheybogan walmart store layout also operates 67 Nacional stores, 24 Mercadorama stores, 15 dog flea pest control walmart Big stores through WMS. It also runs 19 Wal-Mart Supercenters, 13 Sam's Club stores and walmart batteries 2 Todo Dia (small stores) stores. With the acquisition of Bompreço and Sonae, Wal-Mart is currently the third biggest walmart electronics supermarket chain in Brazil, only behind Carrefour and Pão walmart headquarters de Açúcar.
In July 2006, Wal-Mart announced its withdrawal of operations from Germany because walmart paint of sustained losses. Their stores will be sold to the German company METRO AG. The sale is subject to walmart portraits regulatory approval.
Wal-Mart's business model is based on selling a wide variety of general walmart scholarships merchandise and marketing, "always low prices." The company refers walmart value chain to its employees as, "associates." All Wal-Mart stores in the United States and Canada also have designated "people greeters," watshnout4u walmart whose general role is to welcome shoppers at the store entrance, as well as pest control dog flea collar walmart playing a role in loss prevention and security.
Unlike many walmart & distribution other retailers, Wal-Mart does not charge a walmart computers slotting fee to suppliers for their products to appear on the store. Alternatively, they focus on selling more popular products, and often pressure automatic pool cleaners sale at walmart store store managers to drop unpopular products in favor of more popular ones, as well as manufacturers to supply more popular products.
Wal-Mart is governed by a thirteen-member Board of Directors, walmart bridal registry which is elected annually by shareholders. S. Robson Walton, the eldest son of founder Sam walmart credit card application Walton, serves as Chairman of the Board, and walmart girl H. Lee Scott, the Chief Executive Officer, serves on walmart halloween costumes the board as well. Other members of the board include Aida M. Alvarez, James W. Breyer, walmart money orders M. Michele Burns, James I. Cash, Jr., Douglas N. Daft, walmart name tag David D. Glass, Roland A. Hernandez, Jack C. Shewmaker, Jim C. Walton, Christopher J. Williams, and Linda S. Wolf.
Notable former members of the board include walmart samples Hillary Clinton (1985-1992), and Tom Coughlin (2003-2004), walmart wages who also served as Vice Chairman. Clinton left the Board prior to the 1992 name tag walmart U.S. Presidential Election, and Coughlin left super walmart health and beauty products the board in December, 2005 after pleading guilty to wire use walmart oil fraud and tax evasion for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from Wal-Mart. On August 11, 2006, he walmart baby registry was sentenced to twenty-seven months of home walmart home confinement, five years of probation, and ordered to pay $411,000 in restitution.
In the United States, Wal-Mart's chief competitors in low-end general walmart home office merchandise include Sears Holdings Corporation's Kmart chain and Target. Many smaller regional walmart in germany chains, such as walmart online coupons Meijer in the midwest, are also competitors. Wal-Mart's move into the grocery business has walmart stocks also positioned it against major grocery chains such as HEB, Kroger, Albertsons, Publix, Giant Eagle, Safeway, Winn-Dixie, Ahold what hours shifts do super walmart employees work and many other regional chains and independents. A niche has been carved out free walmart gift card of Wal-Mart's dominance in the United States by several retail corporations. By replacement canopies for swings sold at walmart focusing on a small walmart ad number of low-cost products, dollar store retailers such as Family Dollar and Dollar General have successfully competed head-to-head with Wal-Mart for walmart ads home consumer sales. In 2004, walmart commercial Wal-Mart responded by testing their own dollar store concept, a subsection of some stores known as "Pennies-n-Cents."
In Canada, Wal-Mart competes with the Hudson Bay Company's low-cost department store walmart jewelry Zellers, which is the second largest chain of discount department stores in Canada after Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart also competes with Canadian walmart sporting goods department stores Sears Canada, Winners, Giant Tiger, and various other regional chains. For grocery walmart stores online in Canada Wal-Mart competes with Safeway, Sobeys, available jobs at walmart Loblaw Companies which operates under various names such as Loblaws, No Frills, Zehrs Markets, Real Canadian Superstore, Fortinos, and various dog flea pest control at walmart other Canadian grocery store chains.
Wal-Mart has struggled in other foreign markets. For example, listing of all walmart stores in Germany, Wal-Mart wake up walmart had captured just 2% of German food sales following its entry into the market in 1997 and walmart cell phones had remained "a secondary player" compared to competitor Aldi which boasts 19% share of the walmart generic drugs German market. In July 2006, Wal-Mart announced its withdrawal of operations walmart high cost low price from Germany because of sustained losses. Wal-Mart's stores are to be sold walmart mexico to German company METRO AG In China, Wal-Mart is "a small fish" as its strategy of "everyday low prices" has not been successful against "Chinese mom-and-pop walmart photography shops that are used to cutthroat pricing." In May walmart return policy 2006, Wal-Mart withdrew from the South Korean market when it agreed to sell all walmart scholarship 16 of its South Korean outlets to Shinsegae, a local walmart shoes retailer, for $882 million. Wal-Mart had originally entered the South Korea market in 1998. In the United working for walmart Kingdom, Wal-Mart's Asda subsidiary is the second largest chain in the automatic pool cleaners walmart store UK after Tesco. Specifically, ASDA is a distant second to Tesco in the UK grocery market, and as of 2006 the gap is widening, based on market buy neem oil at walmart share figures published by TNS Superpanel.
Wal-Mart is dept justice oregon walmart a global company with a diverse customer base. Wal-mart customers place low prices and value as employee work place safety complaint oregon walmart the most find jobs 28at29 walmart texas important reason for shopping at Wal-Mart. Financial results in 2006 have indicated Wal-Mart customers are sensitive to higher utility costs and gas prices.
In the United States, it has been reported stores walmart idaho falls that eighty percent of residents of the United States shop at Wal-Mart at least once walmart auto center a year. And each week, 100 million customers visit walmart baby Wal-Mart's U.S. stores - "more than one-third of the U.S. population."
Frequent Wal-Mart walmart backpacks customers show some demographic trends. In the U.S., Wal-Mart walmart camping customer's average incomes are below the national average. Analysts have estimated that more than one-fifth of walmart cd store Wal-Mart's U.S. customers have no bank accounts, twice the national rate. Polling Data reported by John walmart credit card payment Zogby suggests there is a correlation between how often walmart direct consumers shop at Wal-Mart and how conservative they are. walmart email accounts In the 2004 US Presidential election 76% of voters who shopped at Wal-Mart once a week voted for George W. walmart in royal palm beach Bush while only walmart lawnmowers 23% voted for John Kerry. By contrast 80% of voters who never shopped there voted for walmart lawsuits Kerry with 18% voting for Bush. African American and Hispanic voters who shop there are described as "significantly more walmart photo shop conservative" than their non Wal-Mart shopping peers. When walmart rfid measured against other similar retailers in the United States, Wal-Mart frequent shoppers were rated the most politically conservative. This walmart store layout map also roughly correlates with the geographic walmart supercenter locations distribution of Wal-Mart stores, as the company walmart tire center has yet to significantly penetrate major urban areas, which tend to be less conservative than suburban and rural areas, where walmart travel most of Wal-Mart's stores can be found.
Wal-Mart has recently taken actions to expand airsoftguns at walmart its U.S. customer base. On September 7, 2006, the Wall Street Journal reported that Wal-Mart was modifying apply at walmart its U.S. stores customer relationship management of walmart from a one-size-fits-all merchandising strategy to a custom-fitting merchandise assortment designed to "reflect each of futon beds walmart six demographic groups -- African-Americans, the affluent, empty-nesters, Hispanics, suburbanites and rural residents." An example of the company's efforts to pest control dog flea walmart broaden its U.S. customer base include a focus on gay and lesbian customers walmart + lawnmowers including a December 2005 internal seminar and the August 2006 joining of the corporate advisory council of the National walmart birthday cakes Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce in walmart ceiling fans what is described as a "pragmatic" effort "to broaden its appeal as it tries to expand into new territories, particularly in the more walmart centerline michigan liberal and union-friendly urban and coastal regions". It's walmart corporate noted that Wal-Mart rejected the American Family Association's recommendations by walmart lawton carrying the movie "Brokeback Mountain," a love story about two cowboys in Wyoming.
Private label brands
Wal-Mart's private label store brands include: Great Value, Equate, and Sam's Choice. In a 2006 study, The Hartman Group marketing research firm issued a walmart scrip report that found that, walmart store locater "While clearly other results in this study point to the success of other retailers, we are struck by birth in walmart the magnitude of mind-share Wal-Mart appears to hold in dog flea control at walmart shoppers' minds when it comes to awareness of private label brands and retailers."
In 1999, according to data get free gift card walmart from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Wal-Mart ranked jewelry tanzanite walmart well below its current locations of walmart super stores retailing peers, which have an average of 56% female managers, female employees at Wal-Mart make up 73% of the girls of walmart its workforce, but only one-third of its management, a percentage that was typical in 1975.
Wal-Mart has received improving scores on walmart auction the Corporate Equality Index, published by the Human Rights Campaign, a measure of how companies treat gay and lesbian employees walmart benifits and consumers. The company received a 57% rating walmart car batteries in the 2005 edition which equaled the rating of several competitors including Costco and Whole Foods. Previously walmart cat food Wal-Mart had received a 43% rating in the 2003 and 2004 editions, and a walmart china 14% rating in the 2002 edition. Wal-mart's improved score in 2003 walmart corporate office accompanied an expanded antidiscrimination policy to protect gay and lesbian employees, Walmart's improved score in 2005 walmart generic drug list accompanied a new definition of family that included same-sex partners.
In January 2006, Wal-Mart walmart guns announced that "diversity efforts include new groups of minority, female and gay employees that have started walmart insurance meeting at Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville to advise the company on walmart internal control marketing and internal promotion. There are seven so-called Business Resource Groups: women, African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, walmart job applications Gays and walmart photo lab Lesbians and a disabled group."
Bumper sticker critical of Wal-Mart.
Wal-Mart has been the walmart registry subject of criticism from community groups, grassroots organizations, walmart sales trade unions, and environmental groups. Specific concerns include the company's extensive foreign product walmart shooting sourcing, treatment of employees and product suppliers, environmental carelessness, use of public subsidies, walmart smiley and store impacts on local communities and businesses. Additionally, Wal-Mart has faced accusations of illegal activities, including walmart stock symbol predatory pricing, discrimination and violation of labor laws.
Use of walmart super center locations foreign labor
In the United States, one common criticism walmart water purifier derives from claims that Wal-Mart uses cheap, foreign labor in an attempt to provide its customers with lower prices. According walmart workers to the AFL-CIO, "Wal-Mart is the single largest importer of foreign-produced card com free gift walmart goods in the United States", their biggest trading partner is China, and discount walmart gift cards their trade with China alone constitutes approximately 10 percent of the total find a job at walmart fast US trade deficit with China as free walmart online gift cards of 2004. While Wal-Mart highlights its US suppliers, 60% of its products are imported from other countries as furnishings walmart comforters cotton bed skirts of 2004, compared with 6% in 1996. Other Wal-Mart goods have been manufactured and imported from such places how to find jobs at walmart as South Korea, Philippines, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Health care and employee benefits
Another United States-specific criticism concerns Wal-Mart's health insurance. According to mattress simmons walmart discount an October 2005 article in BusinessWeek, Wal-Mart's health insurance covers net phone walmart 44% or approximately 572,000 of its 1.3 million radio frequencies walmart U.S. workers. In comparison, Wal-Mart rival Brown & Cole Stores insures approximately 96% of its 2,000 rain umbrellas, walmart eligible workers.  Further, Wal-Mart spends an average of $3,500 per employee for health walmart applications care, 27% less than the retail-industry average of $4,800. Wal-Mart CEO Lee Scott acknowledged benefits could improve walmart augusta,ga. by claiming Wal-Mart employees can get better walmart bedding value from taxpayer funded health care than from Wal-Mart's own health plans, "In some of our states, the public program may actually be a walmart career opportunities better value - with relatively high income limits to qualify, and low walmart clearance premiums." On April 17, 2006, Wal-Mart announced that walmart credit cards it was making a health care plan available to part-time workers after walmart facts only 1 year of service, instead of the prior 2 walmart foundation year requirement, as well as extending the coverage to include children. The walmart in the news company estimates that this new change could add 150,000 workers to health coverage plans, if all walmart internet access eligible choose to take part. However, there is concern that since the new plan provides walmart jobs in gardner, ks a benefit only after walmart neighborhood market a $1,000 deductible is paid ($6,000 for a family), many workers walmart oligopoly will be unable to afford the coverage and will opt not to participate in the plan.
The State walmart online flyer of Maryland passed a controversial bill in January of 2006 requiring that all corporations with more than 10,000 walmart prepaid cell phones employees in the state spend at least 8% of their payroll on employee benefits, or walmart price pay into walmart quotes a state fund for the uninsured. Wal-Mart, with about 17,000 employees in Maryland, walmart school supplies was the only known company to not meet this requirement before the bill passed. On July 7, 2006, the Maryland law walmart the wire was overturned in federal court by U.S. District Judge Frederick Motz who ruled walmart transfer paper that the law would "hurt Wal-Mart by imposing the administrative burden of walmarts financial report tracking benefits in Maryland differently than in other where can i make a payment for my walmart charge states." 
Employee and ab machines at walmart labor relations
- See also: Wal-Mart employee and labor relations
Wal-Mart has been criticized for their aggressive policies against labor can i buy boric acid at walmart unions. In North America, the company has largely thwarted unionization through aggressive anti-union tactics such as chase walmart credit card pay bill managerial surveillance and pre-emptive closures of cost to build a walmart website stores or departments who choose to unionize. Wal-Mart's anti-union policy at home is also used discount gift card walmart in Canada, as well as several other countries. For example, when workers at doj.info(at)state.or.us walmart a Jonquière, Quebec Wal-Mart voted to unionize, Wal-Mart closed the store five months later, citing employment opportunities at walmart weak profits. In countries that require unions or the option to join a union, such as Germany and China, flu shots at walmart pharmacies Wal-Mart allows them. In August 2006 Wal-Mart announced that it will allow workers food coupons walmart at all of its Chinese stores to become members of trade unions. The hexachlorocyclopentadiene walmart US retailer said it would work with the state-sanctioned All-China Federation of knight golf bag at walmart Trade Unions (ACFTU) on representation for its 28,000 staff. 
In August, 2006, the company announced that it would roll out motorola v300 from mobile prepaid cell phone from walmart in an average pay increase of 6% for all sams walmart new hires at 1,200 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club locations nationwide, and at small business vs. walmart the same time would institute pay caps on veteran workers. While Wal-Mart claims the measures are necessary to stay competitive, spring valley vitamins at walmart critics claim the salary caps are primarily an effort to stock market information for walmart push higher-paid, veteran workers out of the company.
Wal-Mart's United Kingdom subsidiary, ASDA, was voted walmart annual reports a top ten UK employer by the UK newspaper Sunday Times Top 100 walmart associate Best Employers Survey in 2003, 2004 and 2005.
- Area 71
- Code Adam
- History of walmart automotive center Wal-Mart
- List of assets owned by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- List of Wal-Mart brands
- Wal-Mart Employee walmart com and Labor Relations
- Wal-Mart Watch
- Wake Up Wal-Mart
- Working Families for Wal-Mart
- Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price
- ^ walmart coupon codes a b Staff walmart deli Writer. "Fortune Global 500." CNN/Fortune. July 24, 2006. Retrieved on July 25, 2006.
- ^ "Wal-Mart walmart discover card Reports Record Fourth Quarter Sales and Earnings." walmart distribution center locations Wal-Mart. February 21, 2006. Retrieved on July 25, 2006.
- ^ "Wal-Mart September Sales." Wal-Mart. Retrieved on October 5, 2006.
- ^ Wal-Mart walmart dollar general Corporate Facts." Wal-Mart. Retrieved on August 12, 2006.
- ^ Ortiz, walmart economy John. "Can Kroger slow Wal-Mart?" Deseret Morning walmart email lookup News. October 26, 2005. Retrieved on July 25, 2006.
- ^ Byrnes, Nanette; Eidam, Michael. "Toys 'R' Us: Beaten walmart flyer At Its Own Game." Business Week. March 29, 2004. Retrieved on July 25, 2006.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i ."Wal-Mart 2006 Annual Report." walmart freebies Wal-Mart. 2006. walmart greeter Retrieved on July 26, 2006.
- ^ a b ."Wal-Mart Reports Second Quarter Sales and Earnings." Wal-Mart. August 15, 2006. Retrieved on August 15, 2006.
- ^ walmart groceries sale a b Kabel, Marcus. "Wal-Mart, Critics Slam Each Other walmart homosexual on Web." Washington Post. July 18, 2006. Retrieved on walmart hudson nh man gun July 31, 2006.
- ^ Sellers, Jeff M. "Women Against Wal-Mart." Christianity Today. April 22, walmart in canada 2005. Retrieved July 31, 2006.
- ^ Sellers, Jeff M. "Deliver Us from Wal-Mart?." Christianity Today. April 22, 2005. Retrieved on July 31, walmart isp 2006.
- ^ Copeland, Larry. "Wal-Mart's hired advocate takes flak." USA Today. March walmart neighborhood property values 13, 2006. Retrieved on July 31, 2006.
- ^ Rodino walmart racing Associates. "Final Report on Research for Big Box Retail/Superstore Ordinance." Los Angeles walmart shopping cart City Council. October 28, 2003. Retrieved on July 31, 2006.
- ^ Smith, Hedrick. walmart smiley face "Who Calls the Shots in the Global Economy?" walmart store map PBS. Retrieved on July 31, 2006.
- ^ Frank, T.A. "A Brief History walmart super centers of Wal-Mart." The Washington Monthly. April 1, 2006. Retrieved on July 24, 9 to 5 walmart 2006.
- ^ "The Wal-Mart Timeline." Wal-Mart (published on walmartfacts.com). Retrieved on July 24, 2006.
- ^ a b c d "Corporate Profile." Wal-Mart. Retrieved on azack walmart July 26, 2006.
- ^ "Wal-Mart Announces Sale of bead crafts for kids sold at walmart German Business." Wal-Mart. July 28, 2006. Retrieved on August 15, boycott walmart 2006.
- ^ "Company Profile." Wal-Mart Canada. Retrieved on September 12, 2006.
- ^ a b "Wal-Mart SEC Form 10-K." csi construction walmart United States Securities and Exchange Commission. January 31, 2006. Retrieved on July 26, 2006.
- ^ a b Staff Writer. download walmart picture viewer "Wal-Mart abandons German venture." BBC News. July 28, 2006. Retrieved on July ethics walmart criticism 31, 2006.
- ^ Mikkelson, Barbara. "Code Adam." Snopes. December 31, 1998. Retrieved on August 3, 2006.
- ^ find jobs 28at29 walmart in texas a b Nelson, Emily. "Too Many free 250 walmart gift card Choices --- Nine Kinds of Kleenex Tissue, Eggo Waffles in 16 free cell phones walmart Flavors: Blame Brand Managers." Wall Street Journal. April 20, 2001. Retrieved on August 1, 2006.
- ^ Harkavy, Ward. "Wal-Mart's First Lady." holland michigan walmart The Village Voice. May 24, 2000. Retrieved on August 3, 2006.
- ^ Boulden, jewelry tanzanite white gold walmart Jennifer. "Wal-Mart Former Vice Chairman Coughlin Admits Fraud." Bloomberg. January 31, 2006. Retrieved jobs at walmart on August 3, 2006.
- ^ Staff Writer. "Former Wal-Mart exec sentenced." CNN. August 11, 2006. prepaid cell phones walmart Retrieved on August 11, 2006.
- ^ Stilgoe, pros and cons about walmart John. Wal-Mart giant can be tamed The Boston Globe, 2003-11-23. search yahoo comsearch p walmart jobs com Accessed 2006-01-11.
- ^ Berner, Robert. "Out-Discounting The Discounter." Business Week. May 10, 2004.
- ^ a b Ewing, Jack."Wal-Mart: Struggling In Germany." BusinessWeek. April 11, things to do at walmart 2005. Retrieved on July 27, 2006.
- ^ Lee, Don. "Wal-Mart vannessa main office walmart in fight for walmart $25 shoplifter China's market." Los Angeles Times. July 25, 2006. Retrieved on July 27, 2006.
- ^ Sang-Hun, Choe. "Wal-Mart Selling Stores and Leaving South Korea." International Herald Tribune. May walmart and its killer store 23, 2006. Retrieved on July 27, 2006.
- ^ walmart argues health plan + takings clause a b Fairlamb, David with Laura Cohn "A Bumpy Ride in Europe." BusinessWeek. October walmart bfl all american fishing tournament 6, 2003. Retrieved on July 27, 2006.
- ^ Wal-Mart walmart bicycles Reports Second Quarter Sales and Earnings Walmart Press Release
- ^ Wal-Mart CEO Lee Scott appears on the Charlie Rose ShowThe Charlie walmart bikes Rose Show
- ^ Wall Street Journal article Managing Wal-Mart: walmart brundidge alabama How U.S.-Store Chief Hopes to walmart community grants Fix Wal-Mart
- ^ Liz Pulliam Weston National Bank of Wal-Mart?MSN Money
- ^ Jonathan Birchall and Holly Yeager Financial walmart customer service manager Times A purchase on psephology. August 17, 2006 walmart discount cell phone service Page 9 US edition
- ^ Reuters article Wal-Mart to drop one-size-fits-all approach: WSJ
- ^ Abigail Goldman Wal-Mart Reaches Out, Gets walmart donations SlappedLos Angeles TimesAugust 25, 2006
- ^ Frazier, Mia Wal-Mart Partners With Gay and walmart fabrics Lesbian Group Advertising Age August 24, 2006
- ^ Reyes, walmart games Sonia. "Study: Wal-Mart Private Brands Are Catching On." Brandweek. August 21, 2006. Retrieved on August 23, 2006.
- ^ Conlin, walmart gift cards Michelle. "Is Wal-Mart Hostile to walmart in toms river in nj Women?" Business Week. July 16, 2001. Retrieved on October 1, 2006.
- ^ Zellner, Wendy. "No Way to Treat walmart internet server a Lady?" Business Week. March 3, 2003. Retrieved on October 1, 2006.
- ^ "Corporate Quality walmart inventory system Index." Human Rights Campaign. 2002. Retrieved on October 1, 2006.
- ^ "Corporate walmart job in gardner ks Equality Index." Human Rights Campaign. 2005. Retrieved walmart lees summit missouri on October 1, 2006.
- ^ Kershaw, Sarah. "Wal-Mart Sets a New Policy That Protects walmart patio furniture Gay Workers." New York Times. July 1, 2003. Retrieved on October 1, 2006.
- ^ "HRC walmart photo canada Applauds Wal-Mart's Inclusive Family Policy" (press release). Human Rights Campaign. January 27, 2005. Retrieved on walmart photo printing October 1, 2006.
- ^ Wal-Mart's Imports Lead to U.S. Jobs Exports. AFL-CIO walmart picture viewer (2006). Retrieved on June 21, 2006.
- ^ "Is walmart positive contribution Wal-Mart Good for America? Interview with Gary Gereffi." PBS. Retrieved on July 31, 2006.
- ^ Bernstein, walmart products Aaron. "A Stepped-Up Assault on Wal-Mart", Business Week, 2005-10-20.
- ^ Abelson, walmart statistics Reed. "States Are Battling Against Wal-Mart Over Health Care", New York Times, 2004-11-01.(article archived on Global Exchange).
- ^ Wysocki, Bernard Jr., and Ann Zimmerman. walmart stock ticker "Wal-Mart Cost-Cutting Finds a Big Target in walmart supercenter minot Health Benefits", Wall Street Journal, 2003-09-30, p. 1.
- ^ Fulton, Deirde. walmart transportation "No sympathy for the devil", Boston Phoenix, 2005-10-14.
- ^ a b c Freking, Kevin. "Wal-Mart to Offer More Health Coverage." ABC News. April walmart unethical social 17, 2006. Retrieved on August walmart wages and benefits 7, 2006.
- ^ "Md. forces Wal-Mart to spend more on health", Associated Press, 2006-01-13.
- ^ "Md. ceo of walmart 'Fair Share' law loses in court", United Press International, 2006-07-19.
- ^ Dicker, John. "Union Blues at Wal-Mart." The Nation. June dog pet supplies at walmart 20, 2002. Retrieved on July 26, 2006.
- ^ Bianco, Anthony. "No electric car blanket walmart Union Please, We're Wal-Mart ." Business Week. February 13, 2006. Retrieved on July 26, facts concerning walmarts impact on the economy 2006.
- ^ Staff food coupons for walmart Writer. "Wal-Mart faces Canadian labour clash." MSNBC. April 30, 2006. Retrieved on July 26, 2006.
- ^ Wal-Mart workers in China form first free 1000 walmart gift card union AFP July 29, 2006
- ^ "Wal-Mart SEC gaitan group walmart Form 10-Q." United States Securities and Exchange Commission. October hanes+shoes walmart 31, 2005. Retrieved on July 31, 2006.
- ^ Goldman, Abigail. "Wal-Mart to Raise and how can i apply for a walmart credit card Limit Wages." Los Angeles Times. August 8, 2006. Retrieved on August 24, 2006.
- ^ Staff Writer. "100 Best invest in walmart stock Companies to Work For: 2005 (ASDA)." The Times. Retrieved on September 6, 2006.
- Bergdahl, Michael (2004). What I Learned from Sam Walton: How to pharmacy tech jobs in walmart houston Compete and Thrive in a Wal-Mart World. ISBN 0-471-67998-4.
- Bianco, Anthony (2006). The Bully portable air conditioner walmart of Bentonville: How the High shop walmart Cost of Wal-Mart's Everyday Low Prices Is stock symbol walmart Hurting America. ISBN 0-385-51356-9.
- Dicker, John (2005). The United States of Wal-Mart. Jeremy P. Tarcher. ISBN 1-58542-422-6.
- Ehrenreich, Barbara (2002). Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) walmart + microsoft flight simulator x Getting By in America. Owl Books. ISBN 0-7453-1846-0.
- Featherstone, Liza (2004). Selling Women Short: The Landmark Battle walmart and the economy for Workers' Rights at Wal-Mart. Basic Books. ISBN 0-465-02316-9.
- Fishman, Charles (2005). The Wal-Mart Effect: walmart bfl tournament How the World's Most Powerful Company Really Works--and How walmart black hair care products It's Transforming the American Economy. Penguin Press. ISBN 1-59420-076-9.
- Joseph, Marc & Fischer, Rusty (2005). The Secrets walmart cameras of Retailing, or: How to walmart case study Beat Wal-Mart!. Silverback Books. ISBN 1-59637-037-8.
- Lichtenstein, Nelson (2006). Wal-Mart: A Field Guide to America's Largest Company and the World's Largest walmart celtic jewelry Employer. New Press. ISBN 1-59558-035-2.
- Mitchell, Stacy (2006). Big Box Swindle: The True walmart corporate offices Cost of Mega-Retailers and the Fight for walmart customer profile America's Independent Businesses. Beacon Press. ISBN 0807035009.
- Ortega, Bob (1998). In Sam We Trust: The Untold Story of Sam walmart customer survey Walton and Wal-Mart, the World's Most Powerful Retailer. ISBN 0-8129-6377-6.
- Peacock, Joe (2005). Mentally Incontinent: A Joe The Peacock Book, The Wal-Mart Story. ISBN 0-9774184-0-5.
- Porter, David and walmart discount coupons Mirsky, Chester L. (2003). Megamall on the Hudson: Planning, Wal-Mart, and Grassroots Resistance. Trafford. ISBN 1-55369-855-X.
- Quinn, Bill walmart drug prices (2005). How Wal-Mart Is Destroying America and walmart florence the World: And What You Can Do about It (3rd edition). Ten Speed Press. ISBN 1-58008-668-3.
- Slater, walmart futon beds Robert (2003). The Wal-Mart Decade: How a New Generation of Leaders Turned Sam walmart gift card progaming Walton's Legacy into the World's #1 Company. ISBN walmart holiday decor 1-59184-006-6.
- Slater, Robert (2004). The Wal-Mart Triumph: Inside the World's #1 Company. ISBN 1-59184-043-0.
- Soderquist, Don walmart international (2005). The Wal-Mart Way: The Inside Story of the Success of the World's Largest walmart internet service download Company. ISBN 0-7852-6119-2.
- Spotts, Greg (2005). Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price. Disinformation Company. ISBN 1-932857-24-9.
- Westerman, Paul (2000). Data Warehousing: Using the Wal-Mart Model. ISBN 1-55860-684-X.
- Zook, Matthew, and Graham, Mark (2006). Wal-Mart Nation: Mapping the Reach walmart music down of a Retail Colossus In walmart north tonawanda Wal-Mart World (15-25). Routledge. ISBN 0-415951372.
Wikimedia Commons has media related to:
Look up Wal-Mart in
Wiktionary, walmart pay scale the free dictionary.
- Wal-Mart main walmart rosemead opening website
- Wal-Mart corporate website
- Wal-Mart Facts website
- Articles, Studies and Resources on Wal-Mart at ReclaimDemocracy.org
- The Geography of Wal-Mart
|Wal-Mart walmart school supplies shelton wa. Stores, Inc.
Corporate Directors: Aida M. Alvarez | James Breyer | M. Michele Burns walmart school supply lists | James I. Cash, Jr. | Douglas Daft | David Glass | Roland walmart sprint cell phones A. Hernandez
Lee Scott | Jack C. Shewmaker | Jim C. Walton | Christopher J. walmart tire Williams | S. Robson Walton | Linda S. Wolf
Assets: Amigo Supermarkets | ASDA | Sam's walmart vacations Club | Wal-Mart Discount Stores | Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market | Wal-Mart Supercenter | Walmex
See Also: Criticism walmart web servers of Wal-Mart | History of Wal-Mart | walmart wedding registry List of assets owned by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. | List walmart weekly circular of Wal-Mart brands | Wal-Mart: The High Cost what is the stock symbol for walmart of Low Price
Annual Revenue: $288 billion USD (10% FY 2005) | Employees: 1.7 million | women of walmart video Stock Symbol: NYSE: WMT | Website: www.walmartstores.com
free 25 walmart gift card free baby stuff from walmart in canada free shipping walmart gaitan group employee walmart good walmart business culture hexachlorocyclopentadiene walmart osha how many people shop at a single walmart average day impact fund walmart is walmart the most popular store in america layaway at walmart linksys wireless g router walmart loveland,colorado, walmart store mobil 1 walmart nick lachey cd store walmart oregon boli labor orders walmart oregon labor dept timely file safety complaint walmart rfid walmart ter homes and garden patio furniture walmart things to do in walmart walmart air conditioner
Categories: Companies anti walmart facts listed on the New York Stock Exchange | barefoot, walmart Articles with unsourced statements | 1962 establishments | Companies based in Arkansas | Dow career fair walmart targe Jones Industrial Average | Fortune 1000 | Online retail companies of the United States | controversy over building walmart Multinational david griggs walmart companies | Retail companies of the United States | Discount stores of the United States | Wal-Mart | Anti-union employers