texaco in the news
Car crashes into petrol station
BBC News - 2 hours, 37 minutes agoTwo men are in hospital after a taxi crashes into petrol pumps at a Plymouth filling station, knocking over two pumps.
Newspictures - Top News, Sports, and Entertainment Photos
UPI - Oct 06 6:41 PMJuan Pablo Montoya, driving the Texaco/Havoline Dodge (4 - top,front), takes the green flag in second spot in the Food World 250 ARCA race at Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, Al., October 6, 2006. The former Formula One driver turned stock car racer finished third in his debut race.
NSE index, capitalisation up by 0.3%
Africa Business Information Services - Oct 08 7:23 PMThe performance indicators of the Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE), All share index and market capitalisation last week appreciated by 0.3 per cent.
Widow Who Sued Cuba And Won Dies
NBC 6 Miami - Oct 08 1:47 PMDorothy Anderson McCarthy, who won a $67 Million judgment against Cuba in 2003, has died at 84.
- chevron texaco
Texaco is the name of an American oil company that was merged into Chevron texace Corporation in 2001. It began as the Texas Fuel Company, founded in 1901 in Beaumont, Texas texco by Joseph S. Cullinan, Walter Benona Sharp and Arnold Schlaet upon discovery of oil at Spindletop. For many texaco years, Texaco was the only company chevron texaco selling gasoline in all 50 states, but this is no longer true. Its logo features a white star in a red circle (a reference to shell texaco credit card online payment the online payment texaco credit card lone star of Texas), leading to the long-running advertising jingles "You can trust your car to texaco shell gas credit card the man who wears the star." and "Star of the American Road."
Texaco is texaco fuel card associated with the Havoline brand of motor oil and other automotive products. It is one of the sponsors of NASCAR. Texaco sponsors texaco gas credit card Car 42, driven by Casey Mears. Havoline has sponsored a race car in texaco gas station the NASCAR since continuosly since the early 1980's.
It has card credit gas shell texaco also been associated with the Metropolitan Opera radio broadcasts, as texaco gas pump well as such entertainment legends as Bob Hope, Jack Benny and Milton Berle wings of texaco (many of their shows were originally sponsored texaco credit card application by Texaco - see Texaco Star Theatre, which includes the sponsorship lyrics of the texaco logo patches opening theme: "We're the men of Texaco, We work from Maine to Mexico...").
Texaco gasoline chevron texaco credit card comes with a willy Techron, an additive developed by Chevron, as of 2005, replacing the previous CleanSystem3. The Texaco brand is strong in the card credit online payment shell texaco United States, Latin America card credit online payment texaco and West Africa, and it has a presence in Europe as well.
Current CEO: Dave O'Reilly
Major events in Texaco history
A Texaco gas station in Miami Beach, texaco gas card Florida.
- 1911 - Texaco purchased from owner of the Red Star Oil texaco shell credit card payment center Company, one Mr. Dawkins.
- 1928 - Texaco became the first U.S. oil company to card credit payment shell texaco sell its gasoline texaco credit card nationwide under one single brand name in all 48 states (50 states after Alaska and Hawaii joined the Union in hess truck texaco trucks texaco planes gass station 1959).
- 1931 - The Texas Company (Texaco's corporate name) purchased Indian Oil texaco fleet card Company, based in Illinois, a move that expanded Texaco's refining and marketing texaco grease base in the Midwest and also gave Texaco the rights to Indian's manufacturing processes of Havoline "Wax Free" card payment texaco shell credit motor oil, which became a Texaco chevron texaco credit union product and provided the company with a higher quality motor oil product.
- 1932 - Texaco introduced Fire Chief gasoline nationwide, a motor corgi texaco bus fuel that met the octane requirements for fire engines, and promoted texaco shell gas card it through a radio program shell texaco credit card account make payment over NBC that was hosted by Ed Winn the "Texaco Fire Chief."
- 1937 - Texaco commissioned architectual designer Walter Teague to develop a modern service texaco credit card merchant processing station design. The resulting "Teague" Texaco station design was a functional white building texaco credit card online payment with green trimmings featuring one or more service bays for texaco uniforms "Washing", "Marfak Lubrication", etc., an office area with large plate glass window for display of tires, batteries antique metal texaco sign and accessories along with "Men" and "Ladies" restrooms featuring Texaco-green tile bill online pay texaco walls and floors. The Teague station design was typically built of white porcelain did texaco and shell merge tile but local and regional on line texaco gas credit card variations could include painted brick, concrete brick and stucco materials. Other features included red Texaco stars on the upper facade on outer sidewalls and shell texaco credit card above the service bays, and red lettering spelling out texaco super ursa "TEXACO" above the office area. texaco xpress lube Stations were identified by the street from Texaco's "banjo" sign.
- 1937 - Texaco unlawfully breaks the US embargo on supplying pay shell texaco gas card either side of the Spanish Civil War and pay texaco bill begins supplying fuel to Franco's fascists on free credit, fuel which powered the German bombers as they destroyed the shell texaco gas card civilian population of Guernica and other towns.
- 1938 - Texaco introduced Sky Chief gasoline, texaco filter a premium grade fuel developed from the ground up texaco gas card bill pay as a high-octane gasoline rather than just an ethylized regular product. Sky Chief was dispensed from a silver gas texaco gas card shell pump in contrast with the red pump used for Fire Chief texaco shell gas credit card payments gasoline - a move that would last many years until the early 1960s.
- 1939 - pay texaco ll Texaco became one of the first oil companies to introduce a "Registered Rest Room" texaco pinnacle program to ensure that restroom facilities at all Texaco stations texaco shirt patches nationwide maintained a standard level of cleanliness to the motoring public. texaco stained glass window The company hired a staff of inspectors who traveled from station to station periodically to texaco station pictures ensure that restrooms were up to standard. The "Registered Rest Room" program was later antique 1953 texaco fire chief gas pump copied by other oil companies and continued at Texaco until the energy crises of the 1970s.
- 1941 - Texaco card credit payment texaco introduced a "24-hour" station program for selected outlets along major highways during the card gas shell texaco summer months to help ensure that motorists driving at night were no stock information chevron texaco more than a tankful away from a Texaco station.
- 1954 - texaco bill pay To meet the needs of texaco commercials modern automobiles with higher power engines, Texaco upgrades Sky Chief gasoline by adding Petrox as a new additive to increase texaco credit card payment octane ratings to levels similar to aviation fuel texaco extended life coolant of World War II vintage.
- 1959 - The Texas Company changes its texaco gas card customer service corporate name to Texaco, Inc. to better reflect the value of the Texaco brand name, which represented texaco gas cards the biggest selling gasoline brand in the U.S. texaco logo and only marketer selling gasoline under one brand name in all 50 states.
- Late 1950s - Bought Paragon Oil, a major fuel oil texaco oil distribution company in the northeastern United States.
- 1962 - texaco online bill pay Texaco introduces the "You Can Trust Your Car To The Man Who Wears The Star" campaign. Both Fire Chief and texaco rustproofing Sky Chief gasolines are promoted as "Climate texaco shell credit card payment Controlled" as various blends of both gasolines are distributed to Texaco stations in texaco song various parts of the country.
- 1964 - Texaco introduces the "Matawan" service station design at a station in Matawan, N.J. vintage texaco metal sign Features include mansard www texaco gas credit cards com roofing design, service bays moved to the side of station and sheetrock covering over most exterior walls.
- 1966 - Texaco chevron texaco gas card replaces the long-running banjo sign with a new hexagon logo that credit payment texaco card had previously been test-marketed with the "Matawan" station design introduced two online payment for texaco shell credit card years earlier. New logo features red outline with TEXACO in black stock information about chevron texaco bold lettering and small banjo logo with red star and green T at bottom. Texaco also enters agreement with Howard Johnson for Texaco credit card texaco card to be honored for charging of lodging texaco compound l rust preventative and food at HoJo hotels, a widespread trend of the time among major oil companies that would last texaco gas card application until the 1973 Arab Oil Embargo.
- 1970 - In response texaco gas card customewr service to increasingly stringent federal emission standards that texaco gas stations would ultimately lead to mandating of unleaded gasoline in 1975 and later model cars and trucks, Texaco introduced Lead Free texaco lampshade Texaco as the first regular-octane texaco man costume lead-free gasoline at stations in California, would later expand availabilty nationwide.
- 1980 - Texaco replaces Sky Chief gasoline, a leaded premium texaco shell gas card reorder grade, with new Super Unleaded Sky Chief.
- 1982 - texaco sky chief gas pump Texaco replaces 1966-vintage hexagon logo with a new rendition of the old banjo sign in red and white featuring the transfer to texaco credit card star and "T". New service station design emphasizes use of als texaco dark colors including, black, red and gray. Gasoline apply for texaco gas cards products receive name changes with the advent of self-service including Lead Free Texaco to Texaco Unleaded, Fire Chief to chervon texaco gas card Texaco Regular, and Super Unleaded Sky Chief chevron texaco jobs careers human resources to Texaco Super Unleaded.
- 1984 - Bought Getty Oil (including Tidewater Petroleum). The Getty name credit card texaco payment online and stations in the Northeastern United States were sold to Power Test and ecuador texaco are now owned by Lukoil. Getty's Skelly stations in several Midwestern states rebranded as Texaco fantastic vintage brass texaco gas pump light must see stations.
- 1985 - On November 19 Pennzoil won a US$10.53 billion verdict from Texaco lisis texaco in the largest civil verdict in US history (Texaco established a signed contract to buy Getty saudi texaco Oil after Pennzoil entered into an unsigned, yet still binding, texaco airplanes buyout contract with Gordon Getty). To obtain the texaco credit cards billions required to pay the verdict, Texaco sold 50% of its interests in marketing east of the Mississippi and Texas and its three Gulf Coast texaco etl 7045e refineries to Saudi Aramco texaco etl-7045e transmission fluid retailers which in turn formed a holding company called Saudi Refining that held the 50% ownership in texaco filling station the new venture called Star Enterprise.
- 1989 - Texaco sells its Canadian texaco gas card payment refining and marketing operations to Imperial Oil, the Canadian texaco jobs subsidiary of Exxon Corp. Service stations in Canada rebranded from Texaco to Esso.
- 1989 - Texaco introduces System3 gasolines in all three texaco online billing grades of fuel, featuring the latest detergent additive technology to improve performance by reducing deposits that texaco online ll pay clog fuel injection systems.
- 1994 - Texaco's System3 texaco photo gasolines replaced by new CleanSystem3 gasolines for improved engine performance.
- 1996 - Texaco pays over $170 million to settle racial chevron and texaco locations discrimination lawsuits filed by black employees at the company. It was the largest racial discrimination chevron texaco merger date lawsuit settlement in the United chevron texaco stock report States at the time, and was particularly damaging to Texaco's public relations when chevron texaco tender offer tapes were released containing ethnic slurs used repeatedly by company officers at high-level corporate meetings.
- 1998 - Formed joint venture Equilon credit cards texaco gas with Shell Oil Company, combining their Western and Midwestern U.S. refining and marketing.
- 1998 - gas credit card texaco Formed joint venture Motiva with Shell Oil how to apply for a texaco shell gas card Company and Saudi Aramco, a joint venture combining their Eastern and Gulf Coast ipo march 2006 biodiesel saudi texaco U.S. refining and marketing businesses.
- 2001 - As lake texaco an antitrust condition of Texaco's merger with Chevron, Shell was granted exclusive rights oil gas journal exxon eni enel toatl texaco gaz oil to the Texaco brand in the U.S. through June 2004, and non-exclusive rights through June 2006.
- 2001 - Chevron Corporation merges with Texaco.
- July 2004 oil gas journal exxon eni enel total texaco gaz oil - Chevron regains non-exclusive rights to the Texaco brand name in the U.S.
- August 2005 shell texaco - Texaco introduces the Techron additive into its fuels shell texaco credit card payment in the U.S. and parts of Latin America.
- July 2006 - Chevron regained exclusive rights to the Texaco star mart texaco san diego brand name in the U.S.
- World Internet texaco collectables News: "Big Oil Looking for a Government Handout," April 2006.
texaco price list texaco promotions department texaco shell credit card online payment texaco singers texaco stations texaco stock symbol
Categories: Energy companies of the United States | Oil companies of the United texaco high octane States | Chemical companies of texaco hot air the United States | Automotive companies of the United States | Automotive fuel brands | National texaco nascar give away Medal of Arts recipients | Fortune 1000 | texaco planes 1901 establishments | NASCAR sponsors
- shell texaco credit card online payment