black and decker in the news
Black & Decker to focus on European market: paper
Reuters via Yahoo! News - Oct 06 11:54 AM Black & Decker Corp. Corp. plans to strengthen its European business as its U.S. sales growth slows and it aims to supplant market leader Robert Bosch GmbH on the continent, its chief executive said on Friday.
winnipegsun.com - Oct 06 11:27 PMWho knew all this time one of the biggest bogeymen in horror movie history was simply a misunderstood victim of the new economy? It seems Leatherface, the Black & Decker-wielding maniac-star of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies has all this time simply been a victim of downsizing.
Orders for Machine Tools in U.S. Increased 2.1% in August
Bloomberg.com - Oct 08 10:31 PMOct. 9 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. orders for tools that cut and shape metal rose 2.1 percent in August from the same month last year, according to a joint survey by two industry groups.
CRM manager Experiences Rapid Success Serving Salesforce.com Customers
[Press Release] PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance - 1 hour, 20 minutes ago salesforce.com Dreamforce Conference -- CRM manager, a provider of full-service implementation and ongoing consulting services for clients of salesforce.com , the market and technology leader in on-demand business services, today announced that it has doubled its client base in the past six months.
- black and decker parts
- black and decker
Black & Decker (NYSE: BDK) is a corporation based in Towson, Maryland best known for power tools and home appliances. It was founded in 1910 blackand decker by S. Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker black and deker as a small machine shop in Baltimore, Maryland. In 1917, blac and decker Black & Decker invented the familiar portable electric drill, obtaining a patent for a hand-held drill black and decer combining a pistol grip and trigger switch.
Brands owned by back and decker Black & Decker include:
- DeWalt Power Tools
- Porter Cable
- Delta Machinery
- Weiser Lock
- Price Pfister
- Ermhart Teknologies
- 1917 - black and decker received a patent for the pistol grip black and decker parts and trigger switch on its drill. The first factory was opened in Towson, MD.
- 1922 - black and decker tools first foreign subsidiary, Black & Decker Manufacturing Company, Ltd., is built in black and decker grass shears Canada. This was also the first year the electric screwdriver was produced by Black black and decker toaster oven & Decker
- 1925 - Black & Decker, Ltd. was established black and decker storage shed in London, England
- 1928 - Black & Decker acquired Van Dorn Electric Tool Company of black and decker smartboil Cleveland, Ohio
- 1929 - established a Black black and decker power tools & Decker subsidairy in Sydney, Australia.
- 1941 - The Towson black and decker canada plant began to manufacture fuses, gun shells and other ordnance for the black and decker toaster ovens Allies. Power tools were still being created at other sites
- 1943 - Black & Decker received black and decker air compressor the prestigious Army-Navy "E" award for production, one of four WWII citations awarded to the Company.
- 1946 - A black and decker coffee makers subsidiary was established in São Paulo, Brazil responsible for sales and manufacturing of black and decker firestorm company products
- 1951 - black and decker router table S. Duncan Black, co-founder and president since 1910, died, and Alonzo G. Decker Sr. became president.
- 1954 - black and decker jack rabbit pump While continuing to serve as president, Alonzo G. Decker, Sr. was elected to the newly created black and decker space saver toaster oven position of Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- 1955 - Black & Decker South Africa antique black and decker drill was set up as a black and decker outlet wholly owned sales and service subsidiary in Johannesburg (relocated black and decker blender parts to Cape Town in 1958). A new manufacturing plant was opened in Croydon, Victoria, Australia
- 1956 - Alonzo G. Decker, Sr. died. Robert black and decker chain saw D. Black, a long-time executive of black and decker coffee maker the Company and brother of S. Duncan Black, was named chairman of the board and black and decker lawn mower parts president.
- 1957 – 1958 - Several plants were opened across Europe. black and decker rechargeable flashlight These include plants in Brussels, Spain; Auckland, New Zealand; Dusseldorf, Germany; and Rotterdam, black and decker replacement carafe Netherland.
- 1959 - A subsidiary called Master Power Corporation was established to acquire Master black and decker tiller Pneumatic Tool Company, a manufacturer of portable air tools with operations in Ohio black and decker vf100h replacement filter for hepa and Canada.
- 1960 - Alonzo G. Decker, Jr. succeeded Robert black and decker customer service D. Black as president. Mr. Black continued as chairman black and decker pressure washer of the board and chief executive officer. Black & Decker acquired DeWalt, black and decker batteries Inc. of Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- 1965 - Towson plant was converted to a research black and decker dustbuster replacement filter and development site.
- 1967 – 1968 - The United Kingdom company was awarded the Queen's Award to Industry for outstanding achievement black and decker home security system in increasing exports. The Italian company won the coveted Oscar del Commercia black and decker spares from the Italian government for its overall contributions to the black and decker valve grinding equipment domestic economy.
- 1970 – 1971 - The Company acquired the Carbide portable tool and storage center by black and decker Router Company, Inc. of Moonachie, New Jersey. Black & Decker opened black and decker garden sheds two more subsidiaries (one in Nigeria the other in Argentina)
- 1972 - The black and decker grasshog Japanese government granted approval for Black & black and decker spacemaker coffee maker Decker to manufacture power tools in that country. Nippon B&D KK became the first black and decker navigator non-Japanese company in five years to be given such approval on a private ownership basis.
- 1974 - The first one-year black and decker outlet stores customer satisfaction guarantee was black and decker replacement batteries introduced by Black & Decker in the U.S.A.
- 1975 - Francis P. Lucier succeeded infrawave speed oven black and decker Alonzo G. Decker, Jr. as chairman of the board. This black and decker electric lawn mower is the first time that a member of the Black black and decker irons or Decker families did not hold the post.
- 1979 - The U.S. power tools business black and decker products was incorporated as a wholly owned subsidiary under the name of Black & Decker
- 1984 - black and decker spacesaver coffee maker As part of a major reorganization plan, several sites were closed including plants black and decker versapak gold in Maidenhead and Harmondsworth, England; Kildare, black and decker workmate Ireland; Lancaster, Pennsylvania; and Solon, Ohio. During the same year General Electric's small household appliance black and decker appliances business was bought and rebranded as Black & Decker products
- 1984 - The company modernized its familiar logo, which had previously been black and decker brew and go the image black and decker cordless circular saw of an orange six-sided nut containing the initials "B&D"
- 1985 - The Company’s name black and decker cordless drill was officially changed to The Black & Decker Corporation.
- 1987 - Black & Decker was black and decker cordless vacuum ranked by Fortune Magazine among the 200 largest U.S.-based industrial companies.
- 1988 - The Company was awarded the Medal black and decker leaf hog of Professional Excellence by Purchasing Magazine for its world-class purchasing operations and black and decker repair expertise.
- 1989 - black and decker repairs Black & Decker acquired Emhart Corporation. The purchase included the brand names Kwikset, Price Pfister faucets, Molly wall anchors, black and decker spotliter POP rivets, True Temper golf club shafts and many other consumer and commercial black and decker toaster convection oven products. Black & Decker was inducted into the U.S.A. Space Foundation’s black and decker travel iron Space Technology Hall of Fame for its cordless power tool achievements and contributions to NASA’s Gemini black and decker vinyl garden sheds black and decker website and Apollo programs.
- 1992 - Were quoted in infamous guitar magazine "Fret the black and decker air station Way" by Geraint Cronin because eddie van halen "could pluck the guitar twice as fast as a black and decker drill ever could with black and decker bread maker a plectrum glued to it."
- 1992 – The entirely new DeWalt line of black and decker company professional products for North America was launched.
- 1993 – The Company’s black and decker in shreveport, louisiana earned the Vendor of the Year awards from Wal-Mart. black and decker power scrubber Also launched the selected Elu line of professional power tools for Europe.
- 1995 – black and decker replacement part The new line of DeWalt Professional Power Tools black and decker 9.6 v battery charger & Accessories launches in Europe
- 2002 – Black & Decker and Hitachi enter into cooperative arrangement in the black and decker appliance parts power tools business
- 2003 – Black & Decker sells its European security hardware business to black and decker edger Assa Abloy. Baldwin Hardware black and decker lawnmower Corporation and Weiser Lock Corporation are also bought this black and decker manuels year
- 2004 - Black & Decker announced the purchase of the Tools Group from Pentair, Inc. black and decker paint sprayer (NYSE: PNR). The Tools Group, included the Porter-Cable, Delta, DeVilbiss Air Power, Oldham Saw, black and decker plastic storage buildings and FLEX businesses.
- Company website
- DeWALT Uk black and decker replacement parts Website
- Black & Decker news release announcing acquisition of Pentair Tools Group
Categories: Companies listed on the black and decker under cabinet toaster oven New York Stock Exchange | Companies established in 1910 | vintage black and decker drill Companies based in Maryland | Fortune 1000 | S&P 500 | Manufacturing companies of the United States | Small appliance manufacturers | Tool manufacturers
- black and decker tools
black and deker